Microwave ovens have been a part of the kitchen since the late 1970s, and they have since become as important as stoves. Over time, microwave ovens have become more advanced, and they have now become the preferred mode of cooking for most people.
But do you know the Types Of Microwave Oven? If not, no problem, let me explain the types of microwave oven here. These ovens can be used to cook a variety of different food items, including meat and vegetables. It is important to note that the quality and efficiency of these ovens vary.
Table Of Contents
Types Of Microwave Oven
They are a modern convenience that cooks food using electromagnetic radiation. Microwaves rely on a high alternating voltage and low current and combine a magnetron tube and a metal box. It heats food by causing the water molecules in the food to vibrate more quickly. The Microwave Ovens India are popular because of their ease of use and instant heating.
A turntable microwave comprises a round rotating plate suspended in the middle of a microwave’s chamber, with four walls surrounding it except one where you enter your food into the chamber.
The turntable rotates in the middle of the chamber, to which you can add food. This allows food to cook from the inside out, so it cooks quickly while allowing steam to rise through the center of your meal.
Functions and Features:
- Aerated cooking: The water with a low-pressure jet inside the oven boils or creates steam inside the oven. The steam breaks the “skin of food” more effectively and makes food perfectly cooked.
- Convection System: Convection is circulating hot air around the food to cook foods evenly and quicker.
- Horizontal Cooking: Horizontal has a better distribution of heat to cook more evenly and quickly.
- Circular Grill: A small amount of space for cooking and wide heat circulation can be used to cook more easily, like roti and samosas.
Specialties of Turntable Microwaves:
- Inexpensive and space-efficient.
- Commonly found in homes and offices.
- Cooks food from the inside out, meaning it cooks from the heat source to the outer edge of the food.
- Fast cooking time, usually around 1 minute or less, for a meal and best for reheating pre-cooked meals.
A convection microwave is a type of microwave oven that uses heat from the cooktop to distribute the cooking. It’s designed to heat food more evenly and quickly than conventional (frequency) microwaves.
Convection ovens typically require less wattage over their lifetime, as they use “convective” rather than “conductive” heating and operate at lower temperatures than conventional ovens. This allows them to save even more energy and still produce top-quality results.
Functions and Features:
- The fan on the convection microwave circulates hot air inside of the oven to cook food.
- The cooking of this microwave is controlled by a PID controller and uses a lower temperature than traditional ovens and an automatic shut-off.
- This type of oven has a convection fan and a heating element, which work together to cook food faster than any other type of oven.
- The main difference between this microwave and others is that it cooks food faster by circulating hot air around it, cooking from all sides evenly and quickly at the same time.
- It cooks food faster than other conventional ovens.
- It uses less wattage than other ovens and doesn’t use long cooking times as the traditional ovens do.
- This type of microwave saves time and energy by using hot air that circulates the kitchen to cook food evenly at the same time and at a faster speed than traditional microwave ovens do.
A grill microwave is a type of microwave that has a grill on the top, usually with vents to allow smoke and heat to escape. It is often designed for outdoor cooking but can also be used in an indoor kitchen.
It has two separate cooking areas, one on top of the other so that you can cook food vertically or horizontally. The ovens are insulated to help block out heat and cold air while providing ventilation for heat or smoke. Another way they are insulated is with stainless steel cabinets instead of traditional ceramic ones.
Functions and Features:
- This type of microwave oven is a combination of a grill and a microwave oven. It cooks food by using microwaves while also using infrared radiation for cooking the external surface.
- The cooking time depends on the type of food being cooked. For example, some foods may need seconds while others minutes or hours depending on thickness, density, etc.
- It is an electric cooker that comprises two heating elements- one as coils above and one as an overhead grill – used to brown, sear, and toast foods. At the same time, it cooks them simultaneously with microwaves generated inside it.
- It is known for its durability and is an excellent option for long cooking times. It can cook large quantities of food in a short period.
- Usually, heating coils in the microwave oven have a grill fitted on top to ensure even cooking across the surface of the food being cooked with no chance of burning that might take place if there was only one heating element.
- The upper grid or grill can also be removed and replaced with another one depending on what you are cooking, so it is flexible and multi-purpose.
Microwave ovens are an essential part of most kitchens. Even if you are not a fan of cooking, you will still most likely use your microwave oven for reheating food, cooking quick electric snacks, defrosting frozen foods, and even pop popping popcorn.
They are used to reheating fast food and leftovers. A microwave oven is an electronic device that uses microwave energy to heat and cooks food. The microwaves cause the water molecules in the food to vibrate and produce heat. The microwaves are produced in the microwave oven and directed toward the food.
But many questions are surrounding this piece of kitchen equipment. Like, what is the best microwave to buy? How does it work? What is the difference between a microwave oven and a grill? And what is the best way to clean a microwave oven? We hope you can find some answers to your questions in this article.