Often we wish to change from one network to another, and in case if are searching for how to port jio to Airtel, this article is for you!
Porting is the process of switching from one network to another without changing your phone number. Below are the few steps you need to know about how to port Jio to airtel.
Table Of Contents
How To Port Jio To Airtel
1. Porting From Jio To Airtel Through Sms
This method is one of the easiest ways to get your job done. Here’s how you can send your porting request to your telecom provider by submitting an SMS.
- Open the messaging app from your smartphone.
- Type in 1900 as the sender to start a new conversation with your telecom provider
- Now type ‘PORT’ space ‘Your registered mobile number’ and send the SMS
- The process is done, and now you’ve to wait for five to six business days
2. Porting From Jio To Airtel Through Website
To port from Jio to Airtel through Website, all you need to have is your residence proof, identity proof, and document to transfer your existing Jio number to Airtel. For the detailed procedure, read below.
- Head to the Airtel official website
- Click the “Buy now” option and schedule the KYC pickup and SIM delivery
- Now share the unique port-in code, identity proofs, valid address with the executives
- As per the TRAI guidelines, it will take around two days to switch the number from your current network to the Airtel
- Also, you can track the real-time status of your order via the Airtel Thanks app
3. Porting From Jio To Airtel Through Physical Store
This procedure is one of the traditional ways to get your work done. Airtel’s mobile number portability service allows the customers to change service providers without altering their phone numbers.
The users can switch their connection from Jio to Airtel through the official website of Airtel, mobile application, and by requesting an MNP facility.
Documents like valid address and identification proof, such as passport, driver’s license, voter ID card, ration card, or photo credit card, are enough to use the service.
All the steps mentioned earlier are ways to port from Jio to Airtel. With certain documents like Aadhar card, pan card, driver’s license, and Voter ID, your work is done at ease!
In case, if you are eager to know How to port Airtel to Jio, check this.