Are you wondering about how to apply for the Zomato IPO? In this post, I will walk you through all the details of the Zomato IPO.
Further, I will explain how to buy Zomato IPO, explaining all the important details such as Zomato IPO issue date, Zomato IPO listing price, Zomato IPO valuation, and more. Read this post till the end, and by the end of this post, you should be ready to apply for the Zomato IPO.
Table Of Contents
How to Apply for Zomato IPO?
You Need a Demat Account to Apply for the Zomato IPO
First things first, you need to have a Demat account in order to apply for an IPO, and there are just so many amazing discount brokers around to open an account with. Some of the popular names are Upstox, Zerodha, 5Paisa, Angel Broking, and more.
Upstox is one of the best trading platforms with affordable charges, high leverages, and many advanced technical analysis tools. Above all, the trading platform is exceptionally simple to use, and opening a Demat account with Upstox is also a pretty straightforward process.
Open a Demat Account to Apply for Zomato IPO
Opening a Demat Account with Upstox is a pretty simple process, and I will explain the entire process in simple steps.
However, before getting to the steps, you must have the following things ready:
- Scanned copy of your Aadhaar Card
- Scanned copy of your PAN Card
- The mobile number linked with your Aadhaar Card
- Canceled Cheque
- Latest Bank Statement
Step 1: Click on our Signup link
To begin with, you can simply click on our Signup link, which should get you to the Sign-up page. After you get there, you need to enter your email id or mobile number linked to your Aadhaar Card. Next, you could hit the Send OTP button, and this should send you an OTP. You can enter the OTP and confirm.
Step 2: Identify Verification and Payment process
Right after the OTP verification, you can enter your Aadhar card details to verify your identity using the OTP sent to your Aadhar Card mobile number. After that, you can pay the account opening charges by selecting the right instruments, which can be equities, derivatives, commodities, etc.
Step 3: Upload your documents and choose a plan.
After you finish this far, you could upload your documents and select a plan. Next, you can submit the application and wait for 24 hours for your account to get activated. On account activation, you will receive your Upstox ID and password to your email inbox.
How to Apply for Zomato IPO on Upstox?
It’s time to explain how you can apply for an IPO on the Upstox platform. The steps are very simple to follow.
- To begin with, you can log in to the Upstox app and enter the birth year to verify your account.
- Next, you can go to the “Invest” tab and click on the “View ongoing IPOs” from the IPO section.
- Next, you could click on the ‘Details’ button, and this will display all the company details. You must go through the details carefully.
- After you go through the details carefully, you can hit the ‘Place bid’ button.
- Next, you could enter the UPI ID and click on ‘Continue.’
- Before you can confirm the order, you must specify the lot size and the bid amount. After that, you could hit the ‘continue’ button.
- Next, you can hit the ‘Confirm and Apply’ button. This will send you a UPI mandate from your bank, which you will need to accept.
Zomato IPO Details
Zomato was established in 2010 and is one of the finest online food delivery services in India. The company doesn’t have any identifiable promoters under the SEBI ICDR Regulations and Companies Act. The company is expected to provide good returns through its IPO.
The company has a total asset of 87,035.43, total revenue of 21,184.24, and a profit after tax of 8,164.28 by 31-Mar-21. The Zomato IPO will open on Jul 14, 2021, and will close on Jul 16, 2021. The objectives behind issuing the Zomato IPO are:
- Funding organic and inorganic growth initiatives
- Meeting general corporate purposes
The IPO price is expected to be Rs 72 to Rs 76 per equity share. The minimum order quantity is 1 lot comprising 195 shares, and the maximum order quantity is 13 lots comprising 2535 shares. The IPO would be listed on the BSE, and the IPO Listing Date is on Jul 14, 2021.