You spend a third of your life in bed, so having a good mattress is extremely important. There are many types of mattress in India for you to choose from, but which one is right for you?
Choosing a mattress might seem like a simple task, but deciding on types of mattress in India is a lot harder than you might think. There are a lot of products in the market that all have their benefits. However, finding a high-quality mattress is a lot harder than you think.
Some people like to sleep on memory foam, others like a firm mattress, and others still might prefer a soft mattress as their preferred type of mattress. This blog will look at the different types of mattresses that you have to choose from.
Table Of Contents
Types Of Mattress In India
- Memory Foam
Memory Foam Mattress
Memory foam mattresses are made from a polymer substance that is similar in consistency to gelatin. Memory foam mattresses are also known for their ability to conform to the shape of your body.
They are designed with the specific use of memory foam in mind, but this means that most people agree they are more comfortable than traditional springs or air-filled mattresses. Memory foam is used by manufacturers because it may be less expensive and easier to produce than other materials such as latex or cotton.
- Memory Foam Mattress In India have been shown to reduce arthritis, back pain, and various other sources.
- The foam will help align your spine and provide a platform for supporting your body without pressure points that can cause discomfort.
- Consistent support is offered throughout the surface of the mattress, with a reduced number of pressure points that can cause discomfort.
- Memory foam and similar mattresses do not always provide the same level of support as a traditional mattress.
- They can sometimes be heavier and harder to handle than traditional mattresses.
- Some memory foam mattresses may offer a less consistent surface that could cause discomfort for some sleepers.
- There is also the risk that the memory foam will overheat some people, causing them to sweat while they sleep.
The unique design of a typical latex mattress provides increased comfort. Latex “cushions” your body, providing support for that response to pressure points while also appearing comfortable and smooth on top.
Latex Mattress In India is more durable than typical innerspring mattresses. This is because of the latex’s ability to withstand wear and tear while not releasing heat.
- The natural rubber of a latex mattress reduces the noise of movements.
- Latex is hypoallergenic, making it an excellent choice for those who have allergies and other ailments.
- It also provides air and moisture-barrier properties by releasing moisture as needed, making it more comfortable for those with sensitive skin types.
- They are expensive and very heavy.
- After about 6-8 years, the chemicals that have built up in the mattress may escape into your body, causing allergic reactions or other health problems.
- Once they break down, it is difficult to get rid of them entirely because you can’t dig them out of your mattress.
- If you are allergic or sensitive to latex, it is not recommended for you to use a latex mattress.
A traditional innerspring mattress has a fabric cover and a cotton/poly/viscose filling known as “quilted” or “memory foam.” Air is pumped into the mattress through small holes around the outer edge, but not all parts receive enough air to keep them supported adequately over time, so areas with less air may sag or settle over time.
Made of many layers of woven wire, it offers moderate support, some motion isolation, and a smooth, uniform feel across the surface area because of its ability to absorb pressure points.
- The most comfortable of the three types of mattresses.
- Offers strong back support with spring-like coils, providing appropriate give.
- Less likely to get rips or tears in fabric coverings or get uncomfortable depressions for certain body parts or shapes.
- One potential disadvantage of a typical innerspring mattress is its low level of sound insulation.
- Innerspring mattresses can shift or rock, which can cause aches and pains.
- They are less comfortable for heavier people.
- It can deaden a certain area of a sleeper’s body during sleep, causing a lack of blood circulation in that area.
A hybrid mattress is non-allergenic, eco-friendly, and recyclable, which means it does not involve the use of toxic chemicals. It is made with latex foam, which is sustainable and environmentally friendly. The mattress contains no heavy metals or toxins such as mercury or lead. Materials are made only in the USA, and are durable, and have a medium level of lofting.
- Hygienic material that does not allow for dust mites or bacteria to set up residence.
- It claims to be more durable than natural latex, memory foam, and other materials.
- Can fold up into a small space when not in use for better storage efficiency.
- Suitable for low/medium profiles because of its thinness.
- They are heavier than traditional mattresses.
- They cost more than traditional mattresses.
- Initially, it may feel like sleeping on two mattresses sewn together to reduce motion transfer between partners.
- Not the best option for stomach sleepers or people looking for a firmer mattress base.
Suppose if you want to compare these types of mattresses, have a look at our post here Foam Spring Coir Latex Mattress.
For comparing mattress types, there are a few things you should look for: comfort, durability, price/quality ratio, and warranty length. Different mattresses have different qualities, so it might be best to pick one based on a set of needs or a specific use case.
Memory foam mattresses typically offer the most comfort because they mold your body and relieve pressure points caused by weight through air cells. You can get memory foam mattresses just for sleepers or built into your bed frame for a full-body support system.
The durability of a Mattress In India is determined by three main factors: materials, design, and construction. For example, springs are durable because they are constructed from metal coils, which means they can support weight while being supportive of your partner’s weight due to how rigid the springs hold.
- Price/Quality Ratio:
Materials, design, and construction determine this. The more expensive materials usually have better quality because you get what you have to pay for. For example, if you get an Rs. 3500/- mattress that is made of scratchy foam or inferior materials, you aren’t getting the best value.
- Warranty Length:
The product warranty length determines this. Some warranties can be extended on almost any product, but others only cover certain conditions, so check on your specific product to ensure that it meets your needs.
A mattress is one of the most common things that are used in our home. They are used to supporting our backs and giving us a good sleep. But, now there are different mattresses available in the market which are used for different purposes.
It all boils down to what you are comfortable with. Mattresses are just one element of your bed, so if you are not happy with any of these types, you should use other mattresses, such as memory foam mattresses, latex mattresses, etc.
If you aren’t sleeping well, you’re more likely to feel stressed, and your productivity levels can drop. This blog post will help you learn more about the different types of mattresses available in India.