Here is our Epson EcoTank L3150 Printer Review in detail. We will cover design, functions, connectivity, and a few other things in this Epson EcoTank L3150 Printer review. So without wasting much time, let’s dive in.
Table Of Contents
Epson EcoTank L3150 Printer Review
The Epson EcoTank measures 37.5 x 34.7 x 17.9 cm and weighs 4.5 kgs. It comes in black color, and its body is made up of plastic and has a matte finish. The front print head compartment cover is constructed of thin plastic as well, however, it will not be opened until there is a paper jam or the print head has to be replaced. The Epson EcoTank L3110 helps you stay organized while also freeing up desk space because the ink tank is incorporated neatly into the printer. The control panel has six touch buttons for power, Wi-Fi, copying, and error, each with an LED indicator.
When it comes to connectivity, both wired and wireless connections are supported by the Epson EcoTank. For wired connectivity, it used USB 2.0 interface. The wireless connectivity supports Wi-Fi and allows you to print from any smart device.
Apart from that, this Best All in One Printer Epson supports connectivity features like:
- Epson iPrint: You may simply print and scan to your smart device.
- Epson Email Print Driver: Users may print to any Epson printer that supports Email Print from any device or PC with email access.
- Remote Print Driver: Users may use a PC with the Remote Print driver to print to a supported Epson printer from anywhere in the world over the Internet.
- Google Cloud Print: Users may print straight from an Android smartphone, tablet, or PC by logging in with their Google account.
This Best Printer for home use runs relatively low in terms of power consumption, which is exceptionally eco-friendly. It requires only 12 Watts of power, standalone. As a result, you can keep your power cost from rising any higher.
This printer is an all-in-one printer that can print, scan, and copy. The type of papers this printer supports are A4, A5, A6, B5, C6, and DL. The printer has a stunning resolution of 5,760×1440 dpi, and its Micro Piezo printhead ensures a speed of up to 33 pages per minute. This implies that you can print about 33 black-and-white pages per minute and 15 colored pages per minute.
It also has a Flatbed type scanner and scans at a speed of 11 seconds for Black and White and 28 seconds for Colour. The copy speed of black and color print is 7.7 pm and 3.8 pm, respectively. With the feature of borderless printing, you can now print bright and vibrant pictures, eliminating that white border.
Ink and Refills
Now you might be wondering that this printer’s features are fantastic, but what’s the point of buying it when you have to get the inks refilled again and again? Say goodbye to your thoughts because this printer comes with a High Page Yield. It means that you can print 4500 monochrome pages and 7500 colored pages uninterruptedly. How cool is that?
At the time of purchase, it comes with four original Epson ink bottles, in the colors Black, Magenta, Cyan, and Yellow. Each ink bottle has an ink chamber to avoid any confusion. When the ink runs out, all you have to do is grab a fresh ink refill and turn it upside down. When the tank is filled to the limit, the ink flow from the bottle is stopped.
Thanks to the printer’s head, which includes an automated cleaning and manual cleaning option, the ink will never dry and damage the head. The price per page is pretty reasonable. Black and white printing cost seven paise per page, whereas colorful printing costs 18 paise per page. The black ink bottle will cost you at least Rs 309, while the colored bottles will cost you Rs 449, and each bottle will store 65ml of ink.
Specifications Of Epson EcoTank L3150 Printer
The Epson EcoTank printer measures 37.5 x 34.7 x 17.9 cm, ideal for a small space at home or in your office.
Being an all-in-one printer, it offers you the features to print, copy and scan.
- Supported Operating System:
This printer only supports Windows XP or higher Operating Systems.
- Noise Level:
The printer produces 38 dB (A) when printing premium photo paper and 52 dB (A) when printing on plain paper.
For connectivity, it uses USB 2.0 for wired and a Wi-Fi connection for wireless printing.
- Maximum Paper Size:
The maximum size of the paper that can fit into it should measure 215.9 mm x 1200 mm.
- Print Speed:
The print speed may vary depending on the type of paper you are using.
- 69 seconds for a 46 inches photo (border).
- 90 seconds for a 46 inches borderless photo
- 33 ppm A4 Black (Draft)
- 10 ipm on A4 Black (Simplex)
- 15 ppm A4 Color (Draft)
- 5 ipm on A4 Color (Simplex)
- Print Direction:
The printer can print bi-directionally but cannot produce automatic 2-sided printing.
- Paper Tray Capacity:
The printer can hold up to 100 standard sheets and up to 20 photo sheets.
- Print Resolution: 5,760 x 1,440 dpi
- Scan Resolution: 1,200 dpi x 2,400 dpi (Horizontal x Vertical)
- Nozzle Configuration:
The nozzle configuration is different for different colors:
- 180 nozzles in black
- 59 nozzles in yellow
- 59 nozzles in magenta
- 59 nozzles in cyan
An on-site warranty covers the printer for one year or 30,000 pages from the date of purchase, whichever comes first.
- Scanners have a broad scanning area and can accommodate huge papers.
- When you get the printer, there’s plenty of ink in the box.
- The print quality is excellent, and the output is waterproof and smooth.
- It is eco-friendly, and the cost per page is meager.
- It has got multiple printing options.
- It has a compact design, so you can easily fit it on your table.
- An automatic cleaning option is available; you don’t have to worry about the mess.
- The process of installing the printer is straightforward.
- The wireless connectivity option makes it easier to print from anywhere.
- The process of refilling is spill-free. So you don’t have to worry about your hands getting dirty.
- The printer is a little loud, mainly when used in a quiet location.
- For scanning, there is no automated document feeder.
- A laser printer may be more suitable for you if you only print once in a while. Regular printing is required to avoid the printer head getting clogged with dry ink.
- The Epson EcoTank printer does not support commands from Apple products.
This printer is suited to you if you search for a printer solution to print 100-200 prints/week. All those looking for a longer-lasting and lower-yielding printer for their home or workplace printing needs should consider this printer.