You probably want to try out the new Windows 11 Software on your laptop. If you make any new purchases, chances are the device will have pre-installed Windows 11. However, it is possible to upgrade to Windows 11 for free on your current laptop.
But are you aware of how to update windows 11 in laptop? Wait, This article will help you understand how to update Windows 11 on the laptop.
Table Of Contents
How To Update Windows 11 In Laptop?
Before we start the process of upgrading, it is crucial to check if your device is compatible with the new Windows 11 update.
Checking For Compatibility
You might find various confusing and vague answers regarding the compatibility checking specifications on the internet. Most of these are not reliable. The most recommended method to check for compatibility is to run Microsoft’s PC Health Check Tool and check for updates on your device.
Follow the below-stated instructions to download Microsoft’s PC Health Check Tool.
- You need to navigate to the Windows 11 Specifications page on their website.
- Scroll down to find the Compatibility Section.
- Click the link to install PC Health Check App.
- Once the app is installed, click on Check Now.
- You will receive a message stating if your device is compatible or not.
If your device is compatible, you can use any below methods to upgrade to Windows 11. If any procedure does not work for you, you can try the next.
Option 1: Check recent updates for your laptop
Your device is likely to have a Windows 11 up-gradation ready. The steps below will help you check for updates.
- On your laptop with Windows 10, go to Settings and then Update & Security Section.
- Navigate to Windows Update.
- Click on Check For Updates.
Now, if the Windows 11 update is available, you will see a message instructing you to restart your PC to finish installing Windows 11. Click on Restart Now or Schedule the Restart to happen later.
Option 2: Use Windows 11 Installation Assistant
If the Windows 11 update is not available on the laptop but compatible, you can download Windows 11 from Microsoft’s official website.
- On the official website of Microsoft, navigate to Download Windows 11 page. You can type this in the search bar to find it.
- Find the Windows 11 Installation Assistant section.
- Click on the Download Now button.
- When the downloading process is finished, open and run Windows11InstallationAssistant.exe
- Click on Accept and install.
- Restart the device when the system instructs you to.
This should successfully install Windows 11 on your laptop. You will be required to sign in to your Microsoft account and enter your laptop password when you restart.
Option 3: Download Disk Image
You also have another alternative of downloading the Windows 11 ISO file. This is the following quickest way to upgrade to Windows 11. You can follow the given steps to go about this way.
- At Microsoft’s official website, navigate to the Download Windows 11 page.
- Scroll to the Download Windows 11 Disk Image (ISO) section.
- You will see a drop-down menu, select Windows 11 from the options given.
- Select English as the product language or any other language of your choice.
- Click on Confirm and then on the Download button.
- When the ISO file has been downloaded, please open it and double-click the setup.exe file.
- You will see an install screen; click Next.
- You will then see a Ready to Install screen that confirms if Windows 11 can be installed. The same screen will also tell you that personal files and apps will be kept by default.
- To change this setting, click on Change and select Personal files only or Nothing.
- Click Next and then Install.
- After your PC reboots, sign into Windows 11.
To Sum It Up
This article discusses how to update Windows 11 On a laptop via the quickest three methods. There are high chances that Windows 11 update is available on your device already since Microsoft has been pushing Windows 11 heavily. However, if not, the other two methods will help you.