You might have upgraded to Windows 11 on your device or purchased a new one with this latest Software. If you have any apps on your device that you no longer require, you might look for How To Uninstall Apps In Windows 11?
On the new Windows 11 Software, there are several ways to do so, and many of them are quick and straightforward. This article will explain how to uninstall apps in Windows 11 in the most straightforward ways possible.
Table Of Contents
How To Uninstall Apps In Windows 11?
The guide below states how you can uninstall apps in Windows11. You can jump to the following method if one does not seem to work for you.
- Click on the Start button and open the Start Menu.
- Click on the All Apps option.
- The device will present you with all the apps on it. Locate the app you want to uninstall.
- Right-click on the app. In the smaller menu, select Uninstall.
- In the confirmation window, choose Uninstall again.
If you are looking to uninstall a Microsoft App, this method will help you delete it instantly. If the app you wish to uninstall is not a Microsoft App, it will direct you to the Control Panel. The following method explains how you can uninstall apps from the Control Panel.
2. Use Control Panel
Just like the Control Panel system of Windows 10, on Windows 11, you can uninstall apps via Control Panel in a similar way.
- Open Control Panel via the Settings option or Press Win key + R.
- If you do the latter, type Control and click on OK.
- When the Control Panel opens, click on Programs and Programs And Features.
- Select uninstall for the desired app.
- In the confirmation window, click on Uninstall again.
3. Use The Settings App
The Settings app in Windows 11 is much easier to use and more refined than Windows 10. To uninstall apps via Settings App, follow the given steps.
- Press Win + I on your keyboard or select Settings from the Start menu.
- On the left side of the window, select Apps.
- Then click on Apps and Features on the right pane.
- You will be presented with a list of apps on your device. Use the search bar to find the app you want to uninstall or locate it in the list.
- Click on the three dots right next to the app name in the list.
- Select Uninstall and then again select the same on the confirmation window.
4. Uninstall Via Powershell
If you wish to uninstall any built-in apps, it can be tricky. There is a specific command that will help you do so. The above methods will not allow you to do. However, you can use Windows Powershell for it.
- Press Windows Key on your keyboard.
- In the window that appears, type Powershell.
- When the Powershell app appears, click right on it.
- Then select Run as administrator.
- In the PowerShell window, type Get-AppxPackage and click on enter.
- It will then show you a list of all the apps on your device, including built-in apps. Find the one you want to uninstall.
- Or, as an alternative, you can right-click on the title bar of Powershell and select Edit. Click on Find and then enter the name of the app.
- Check the full name of the package and copy it.
- To Uninstall the app, type Remove-AppxPackage App Name (App Name is the complete package name you copied in the last step) and press Enter.
This should successfully uninstall even the built-in apps In Windows. This process might take a longer time to finish. Avoid doing other tasks on your laptop or shutting it down during the process.
To Sum It Up
This article guides you on How To Uninstall Apps In Windows 11. The first three methods can be used to uninstall apps that you installed. You can use the fourth or last method to uninstall any built-in apps in Windows 11.