A screenshot is a picture of your computer screen. The screenshots are saved as .png files on your desktop.
There are a few ways mentioned below on how to take a screenshot on macbook. One is to use keyboard shortcuts. Another is to use an app like Preview or Skitch. Finally, you can use a built-in screenshot tool.
Let us see how to take a screenshot on macbook quickly without making you wait much.
Table Of Contents
How To Take A Screenshot On Macbook?
The keyboard shortcuts for taking screenshots are:
- Cmd + Shift + 3: This takes a screenshot of the entire screen.
- Cmd + Shift + 4: This takes a screenshot of part of the screen. Just by clicking and dragging the mouse cursor, you can select the desired area.
- Cmd + Shift + 5: This opens the built-in screenshot tool. You can then select an area or take a screenshot of the entire screen.
Capturing the Entire Screen
You will find many ways to take a screenshot on a Mac, but here is the simplest method to take a screenshot of your entire screen:
1. Press Shift-Command-3.
2. A file will be saved on your desktop labeled “Screen Shot ___.” The date and time it was taken will also be included in the filename.
3. If you only want to capture part of your screen, press Shift-Command-4 instead and then select the area you want to capture.
Capturing a Part of the Screen
To screenshot a part of the screen on a Macbook, follow these steps:
1. Press Command + Shift + 4.
2. A crosshair will appear on your screen.
3. Click and drag the crosshair to select the area you want to screenshot.
4. Once you have selected the desired area, release your mouse button.
5. Your screenshot will automatically save to your desktop.
6. If you’d like to share your screenshot online, you can also use a service like Dropbox or Imgur.
How To Take Screenshots On Macbook Air?
If you wish to take a screenshot on your Macbook Air, follow these simple steps:
1. Press the “Command” and “Shift” keys and then the “3” keys at the same time to capture the entire screen.
2. If you only need to capture part of the screen, press “Command,” “Shift,” and “4” keys instead, and then drag the crosshairs over the area you want to capture.
3. The screenshot taken will be automatically saved on your desktop.
Editing A Screenshot
Editing screenshots on a Mac can be a little tricky, but with the right tips, you can make the process a lot simpler. Here we will cover a few tips to help you get started:
1. Use Grab to take your screenshot.
Grab is a built-in screenshot tool that comes pre-installed on all Macs. It’s straightforward to use – just open it up and click on the area of your screen that you want to capture.
2. Crop your screenshot before editing.
To crop a screenshot, open it in Preview and use the Selection tool to crop the image to your desired size. If you only need to capture a small portion of your screen, crop the screenshot before editing. By following this, you can save time and make the editing process more accessible.
3. Use editing tools to enhance your screenshot.
Once you have your screenshot cropped and edited, you can use various editing tools to improve the image. For example, you can use the Pencil tool to add annotations or the Text tool to add text.
4. Save your edited screenshot as a PDF.
Suppose you want to save your edited screenshot as a PDF, open it in Preview and select File > Export As > PDF. By doing this, you will get a PDF version of your screenshot that you can save and share with others.
5. Use the share buttons to send your screenshot to others.
If you want to share your edited screenshot with others, you can use the share buttons to send it to them via email, AirDrop, or a social media platform. Just select the desired option and follow the on-screen instructions.
And that’s it! These are some of the best tips for editing and saving screenshots on a Mac. With these tips, you’ll be able to create beautiful and professional screenshots in no time.
Screenshotting is an effortless way to capture what’s happening on your screen, whether it’s for work or fun! Using these few simple steps, you can take screenshots of anything on your screen in just a few seconds.
The steps above should work for most Macbook users. However, if you’re having trouble or need more detailed instructions, please check out Apple’s support page to know more about How to Take a Screenshot on a Mac. They have lots of helpful tips and videos that can guide you through the process.
Thanks for reading!