Screen Recording is the easiest way to capture anything you see on your screen. So you have to know How To Screen Record In Windows 11? Because you can easily make videos with segments, easily cut and edit them and use them to save important information or get creative with it. Windows 11 supports screen recording.
The screen recording features in Windows 11 are through different in-built apps. The OS does not offer an individual screen record feature.
This article talks about how to screen record in Windows 11. There are several ways to do this, and let us dive in.
Table Of Contents
How To Screen Record In Windows 11?
There are many ways to do so. However, this article will discuss the most straightforward and quickest ways to make this possible.
Below is a guide of the methods as well as detailed instructions so you can easily follow them.
1. Use PowerPoint To Screen Record
Your device most likely came with a pre-installed PowerPoint. This is the most accessible method to screen record. We will use one of the features of PowerPoint that records the screen and then export the file to where we would like to save it.
- Open the PowerPoint app and then click on the new Presentation.
- You will find the ‘Insert’ option in the second top-most bar. Click on it.
- Then click on’ Media’ on the rightmost of the newly opened bar.
- It will open a tiny drop-down; click on Screen Recording.
- You will then find a bar at the top of your screen. Click on Select Area.
- Hold and drag your cursor over the segment you would like to record.
- In the same bar, you will see the audio option. If you wish to record the audio, too, turn it on.
- Click on the Record button to start the recording.
- You can press the Pause button anytime.
- Click on Stop when you are done recording.
- Once it is stopped, go back to the Presentation. The recording will automatically be saved on the slide.
- To move it to any other folder, right-click on the video.
- In the drop-down menu, select Save Media.
- You can then choose the location of the file.
If you want to share or edit the recording or snip it, you can easily access it from the location. However, if this method does not work, there is another equally simple way to record the screen in Windows 11.
2. Use Xbox Game Bar To Record Screen
With Windows 11, you get a pre-installed Xbox Game Bar. This will prove beneficial to you even if you are not a gamer. Let us see how to use Xbox Game Bar to screen record.
- First, open the Window that you wish to screen record.
- Select this Window to get it into focus.
- Open Xbox Game bar. You can search for it in the Start Menu or simply press WIN+G on your keyboard.
- Click on the Bar. You will see a drop-down with the first row full of symbols.
- Click on the Record button. This is the third symbol on the row.
- To stop the recording, click on the square symbol on the top right of the screen. The recording will be saved automatically.
- To access it, open Xbox Game Bar.
- Click on Show All Captures.
- You will be able to see all items captured or recorded.
- Click on the recording to get the option to watch it or delete it.
- You will find options to move the recording to a different location or share it when you click on it or open it.
To Sum It Up
Few built-in apps in Windows 11 offer the Screen Recording feature. This article explains how to screen record in Windows 11 using these features. The methods described are easy and quick.
If you can not screen record through these methods, you can install any third-party apps that allow you to screen record. These are available easily on the internet for free. However, it is always advised to download such third-party apps from trusted websites.