Light-colored fabrics tend to get stained by ink, especially ballpoint pens. Getting rid of these stubborn stains can be quite a bummer. But worry no more! There are various ideas about how to remove stains of ink from clothes and effectively banish those annoying marks for good.
Keep reading this article for 10 nifty tricks that will make you know how to remove stains of ink from clothes in no time.
How To Remove Stains Of Ink From Clothes?
1. Laundry detergent for pen marks on clothes
Light-colored fabrics will turn grey with time, especially when exposed to ballpoint pens, which are notorious for causing dark tints to light-colored garments. To remove stubborn ink marks that refuse to budge despite numerous washes, you can use laundry detergent to get the job done effectively.
Just take a little bit of your usual laundry detergent, dab it on the pen mark and rub it in, using an up-and-down motion. Next, place your garment in the Washing Machine under 20000 together with some white towels or other light-colored fabrics that you plan to dye if the ballpoint pen ink seeps through. Wash your garment on the highest temperature setting possible to get rid of the stubborn mark once and for all!
2. Rubbing Alcohol to remove ink from clothes
If you’re looking for an easy way to remove ink stains, try rubbing alcohol. This versatile product has many other work-related and home-improvement uses. You can use it to remove ink stains from your clothes by dabbing some on a clean cloth and then gently rubbing the stained area until the stain is gone.
3. Hair Spray to get rid of ink stains on clothes
Another excellent solution for removing ballpoint pen ink from clothing is hair spray. That’s right, just spritz a little on the stained area and let it sit for a minute or two. Then remove the ink with a clean cloth.
4. Hydrogen peroxide to remove pen marks on clothing
If regular laundry detergent doesn’t work, then you may need to turn up the heat on your stain removal efforts by using hydrogen peroxide. This commonly-found household cleaner is known for its ability to remove ink stains from clothes and other surfaces such as porcelain and tile.
5. Ammonia-based window cleaner is a great ink remover for clothes
You can get rid of the pesky pen mark on your clothing by using an ammonia-based window cleaner. Spray the stained area liberally with your cleaning agent of choice, rub it in a little bit and then launder as usual.
6. Dry Cleaning to get rid of stains on clothes
For small ink marks on clothing, you can dry clean the item instead of washing it. For larger garments, dry cleaning won’t work. But it can be helpful on some small pieces of clothing, such as a dress shirt! Remember that dry-cleaned items have to be well taken care of, so do not iron or put them in the dryer.
7. Shaving Foam for removing ballpoint pen ink from clothing
Do you know that shaving foam can remove ink stains on your clothes? Simply apply the shaving foam to the ink stain and let it dry. Wash the clothes as per usual and presto! The stain is gone!
8. WD-40 removes ink from clothes in no time flat!
WD-40 is one of those wonder products that can be used for almost anything like removing ink stains from your clothes! You have to spray a generous amount on the stain, wait a few minutes and wash the clothes in cold water. The ink stains will disappear like magic!
9. Mayonnaise to remove ink stains from clothes
Mayonnaise is not only good for your lunch – it’s great for removing ink stains too! Apply some mayo on the stained area, let it dry and then wash as usual. The ink stain will be gone like magic!
10. Vinegar to get rid of ink marks on clothes
When it comes to removing pen ink, vinegar is the way to go! Apply some undiluted regular white vinegar to blot the stained area with a cotton ball or cotton swab. Next, launder in cold water for the best results.
How does this work? Vinegar is an acidic liquid that helps break down stains, especially ink stains! This will lift away the stain much more effectively than soap or detergent.
- Put lemon juice on cotton balls and place them over the ink stains before putting your garment into your Washing Machine in India. The acid present in the lemon juice plays a major role in removing ink stains. After you have done this, run your regular cycle.
- A new stick of butter with no salt is the best thing to put on ink stains before washing it. Also, it requires more than one application but does not rub too hard, or you will damage the fabric.
How does this work? Removing the ink by using any of these home remedies will enable you to obtain a clean slate while saving you some cash in the process! So what are you waiting for? Start removing those ink stains now!