Drag And Drop feature is available in Windows 10 and is highly useful to many. However, Windows 11 does not have a similar drag and drop feature. This has caused heavy disappointment among many users. Microsoft plans to bring back this feature to Windows 11 anytime in 2022. So my friend, learn about How To Enable Drag And Drop In Windows 11.
However, you can still enable Drag And Drop in Windows 11. Many Modders have determined various ways to do it. There are also third-party applications that you can download for this purpose.
This article will walk you through some simplest ways to how to enable Drag And Drop on Windows 11.
Table Of Contents
How To Enable Drag And Drop In Windows 11
Most of these methods are likely to work for all users. However, you can skip the next if one does not work for you.
1. Using Alt+Tab To Drag And Drop In Windows 11
Follow the given instructions to perform Drag And Drop using Alt + Tab.
- Place the cursor on the file you wish to drop.
- Hold down the mouse button until the file gets selected and dragged.
- Press Alt + Tab while you drag the file to the desired location.
- Once you have taken the file to the location, release the mouse button and Alt + Tab. This will Drop the file at that location.
2. Using Drag And Drop Applications To Drag And Drop In Windows 11
Drag And Drop Toolbar for Windows 11 is an application specially made for Windows 11. It allows you to perform this feature efficiently. You can download this application easily for free. Once you get it, follow the steps below to use it to Drag And Drop.
- After the application has been successfully installed, you will see a small toolbar at the top of your screen.
- It will have a bunch of icons that point to a specific location.
- Select a file that you would like to move. Hold the mouse button until it can be dragged.
- Drop the file into one of the icons on the toolbar.
You can then open the location and check for the file. You can also add more backgrounds in the toolbar and quickly drop your files there with this application.
There are many other Third-party applications you can find on the internet for Drag And Drop. Many of them offer additional features too.
Other applications built specifically for Windows 11 offer to perform this and other functions that are not readily available. However, it is best to download any third-party application only from trusted sources.
3. Placing Folders Side To Side to Drag And Drop In Windows 11
There is another way to perform Drag And Drop without using any third-party application. In the first method, you will need to deal with the convenience of dragging the file and pressing keyboard keys simultaneously. This method will save you from that hassle and is quicker to perform.
- It would be best to open the two different folders side to side. One folder with the file you wish to Drag And Drop, and the other folder should be the destination.
- Now open the folder that contains the file of interest. Press and hold the mouse button on it until it can be dragged.
- Move the pointer to the other folder while dragging the selected file.
- Once you are in the second folder, release the mouse button. This will drop the file at its new location.
To Sum It Up
Windows 11 does not have a built-in Drag And Drop function. Luckily, there are still ways to go about it using different methods. This article explains How To enable drag and drop in Windows 11 in the simplest and easiest ways possible.
If none of these methods work for you, you might try another third-party application that might allow you to do so.