Different YouTube download tools can let you download videos from YouTube for later use. This article will discuss various ways about how to download YouTube videos in laptop to watch them without an internet connection.
Various methods on how to download YouTube videos in laptop are here, so let’s have a quick look:
Table Of Contents
How To Download YouTube Videos In Laptop?
Method 1: On Windows
For saving YouTube videos on your computer, an easy, convenient and freeway is to visit a webpage where you can paste the URL of the respective YouTube video. There are many websites, but many of them get shut down.
One method that works currently and has been working for several years is SaveFrom. It is a free platform but will not just let you download the audio, and if the video is in 4k or 1080p quality, you can only download a lower quality version-say 720p.
There are many different sites like SaveFrom, which will, in the beginning, push you to install apps or web browser extensions if you want to download the videos in higher quality. Either this or they will ask you to pay for their premium version to unlock higher-quality downloads and other features.
The central leading point is that using a website is fast and easy, but it may not offer the quality or format you need. One good example of a completely free but limited service-providing site is YouTubeMP4. This site will let you download all the videos up to 720p.
However, there is a solution to everything; if you have to download the videos in a format that is not appropriate for playing back on your laptop, you can use Freemake Video Converter to transform the downloaded videos into other different forms.
To download a video with the help of SaveFrom, you have to follow the below-given steps-
- Visit www.YouTube.com and search for a video you want to download. Copy the video link to your browser’s address. Click on the address bar to highlight it and press Ctrl + C to copy the highlighted URL.
- Next, go to the video downloader site. Place the cursor in the box for the video link and press Ctrl + V to paste your copied address. If there are options for resolution- then choose according to your needs.
- Search in your “Downloads” folder using Windows file explorer and find the video file. You will be able to double-click on the file to play it.
Method 2: Using iTubeGo Downloader
iTubeGo is a video downloading tool that lets you convert and download clips in full HD/4k/8k from YouTube.
It is the most widely used tool that supports 10,000+ video sites. You can also use this tool to download YouTube videos, audio, channels, and playlist. You can also transform the YouTube videos into the standard format like MP3 and MP4.
In detail, YouTube’s “term of service” has mentioned that users should not download videos except where the site provides a download option. So, if you engage in such activities, you can face legal charges and fines because YouTube considers all such activities illegal and unauthorized.
- Download the software from https://itubego.com.YouTube-downloader/
- Install the software
- Double select the software icon to open it.
- Click on the paste link option
- Paste the URL
- Click on the “Download” tab and thus, download the videos or audios in high quality.
- Now, click on the “Downloaded” tab on the left panel and select the lay option to run the video.
Method 3: Using Firefox Extension
Video download helper is a famous Firefox extension that enables you to download and save YouTube videos into your local drive. Plus, it is a free application.
You have to follow the following steps to download your YouTube videos-
- Download firefox extension- https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/video-downloadehelper/
- Open your YouTube video and let it play for one minute.
- Double click on the Download helper extension icon.
- Video Download helper supports various video formats like AVI, WEBM, MP4, and more. Click on any one of the options as per your choice to download the video.
- Your file will be downloaded.
Method 4: Using VLC Player
VLC is a famous open-source video player for Windows laptops, PCs, and Mac. This tool can play all multimedia file formats and supports audio CDs, DVDs, and DVDs.
Follow the below-given steps to download the video from the VLC player-
- Go to YouTube and open the video you want to download. Copy the link to the respective video.
- Double click on the VLC media player to open it.
- Open “Media” on VLC and click on the “Open network stream” option.
- You will find a page with a text editor. Paste the YouTube copied link there and press on the play option.
- Next, go to “Tools” and select “Codec Information.” After this
YouTube is a central video-sharing platform that helps people watch, like, comment, share, and upload videos quickly. It provides you with the most popular platform to communicate with a broad audience, whether you promote any product or give information to the general audience.
Generally, you can watch YouTube videos using the app or the site. But, it’s not possible in some conditions because of network issues. And if you know in advance that you will not have a fast or uncapped network connection, such as while traveling or on holidays, you need to put a video from a YouTube playlist into a presentation.
The reasons can be many-even if you want to save essential information or video for your post-requirements. And on top of that, it feels good to stream YouTube videos and not skip the ads, and it is an excellent way to promote and support your favorite channels.
Thus, there are various ways to download videos from YouTube depending upon the type of device you are using and whether you would pay for this privilege or would be happy to find a free method.