In Windows 11, Font type and size can be easily adjusted according to your taste and comfort. If you do not want to continue with the default font in Windows 11, this article about how to change the font in Windows 11 will help you!
Also, this How To Change Font In Windows 11 post serves well for people who love to change fonts often like me! Adjusting fonts in Windows 11 is somewhat similar to Windows 10. However, with Windows 11, the fonts are dynamic and look sleek with the sophisticated and matured style.
How To Change Font In Windows 11?
On Windows 11, the default font is Segoe UI Variable. Segoe is a font available in Windows 10. However, Windows 11 has a more refined and polished version of this font.
This font and other available fonts in Windows 11 provide better readability. This means that they scale appropriately depending upon the page or window size and font size. This accounts for a more user-friendly interface.
Yet, you can experiment and try out other available font styles and pick the one which best suits your taste. This article is a detailed guide on how to do so in Windows 11.
You can follow the below steps to change font type.
1. On the Taskbar, search for the Note Pad. You can also type this in the Search Bar to find it.
2. Copy and paste the content below into the Note Pad.
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00
“Segoe UI (TrueType)”=””
“Segoe UI Bold (TrueType)”=””
“Segoe UI Bold Italic (TrueType)”=””
“Segoe UI Italic (TrueType)”=””
“Segoe UI Light (TrueType)”=””
“Segoe UI Semibold (TrueType)”=””
“Segoe UI Symbol (TrueType)”=””
3. With Note Pad having this content, open Settings App. You can also search for it in the Taskbar or press its keyboard shortcut Win + I.
4. You will find the Personalization option in the Settings App’s left pane. Click on it.
5. In the Window’s right pane, locate and select Fonts.
6. You will be shown a list of all the available fonts. Find the find you like and copy its name.
6. In the Content you copied in the Note pad, paste the font name in place of FONT-STYLE in the last line.
7. To save this note pad entry, click on File and then Save as.
8. You will see a pop-up window where you can determine the location of this File. Select a location on the device and name for the File.
9. Add .reg at the end of the file name.
10. Click on Save to save the File.
11. Open the File you saved. You can double-click on the File or right-click and select open from the drop-down menu.
12. You will receive a file asking to confirm the operation. Click Yes.
Once this process is completed, you can restart your computer. This will change the default font for Windows 11.
In Windows 11, the default font size is 11. It is possible to change this font size. You can follow the instructions given below to do so.
1. Open Settings App on Windows 11. You can click on Start Menu and locate its name in the list or type it in the search bar.
2. In the left pane of the app, click on Accessibility.
3. You will see a bunch of vision-related options on the window’s right pane. Then, select Text Size. This will be the first option on the list.
4. You will see a toggle that incidents Text size smaller to larger. Move the toggle around until you find the font size you want to apply.
5. You can then close the app.
This will change the font size of the built-in apps and other apps like Control Panel and Settings on Windows11. It might not change the font size of third-party applications.
To Sum It Up
This article discusses how to change the font in Windows 11. We go over how to change font type and font size for this Operating System.