Often there will be so many doubts while activating your new Airtel sim, and are you eager to know how to how to activate airtel sim? Here is a simple and straightforward guide to making you aware of how to activate airtel sim.
How To Activate Airtel Sim?
There are certain times where you might face issues with your Airtel SIM due to the network or service provided. These issues are either from 2G, 3G or 4G. So, it is always best to be aware of how to tackle these issues, especially in activating your Airtel SIM.
If you own 2G, 3G SIMs, remember it is free to upgrade your 2G, 3G SIM to 4G. So, with the 4G SIM, you can enjoy HD quality voice calls and many other features. Follow the below steps to activate your Airtel SIM.
- Insert the existing Airtel number in your phone
- Open the messaging app and SMS the twenty digit SIM number to 121
- Confirm your request by replying ‘1.’
- After some time, your phone will be disconnected from the network
- Now you can remove the old SIM
- Insert the new SIM in the old slot
- Switch on the phone
- After a few minutes, your new Airtel 4G SIM must be active.
It is not necessary to change your mobile number in the above process. You can easily upgrade your old Airtel SIM to new without changing your old number. After one to two hours of this process, your SIM will be automatically activated.
Also, to know whether your Airtel SIM is active or not, call from your Airtel number to Airtel customer number 121 or try calling any other number. Finally, you need to dial 59059 from your registered Airtel SIM for activation.